Skip to main content

Stars & Stripes

So here I am doing it again!  Entering a challenge at the last minute.  There's just a few hours til this challenge closes at Die Cuts r Us' A Crafty Little Place.  It's a sketch challenge with a stars and stripes theme.  So this is my card entry.  I just got this cute stamp from DCRU today!  It's my first Puddle Jumpers stamp by Lori Boyd.  Hopefully I'll be adding some of her friends to my collection too.  Anyway, she is named Emma and she has a cute bunny friend.  Emma is all dressed in her red, white & blue outfit to go check out the 4th of July fireworks.  (I know it's already past but I like to make up stories for these little characters in my head).

Here's a close up of the bunny holding a little flag.  I made it with the smallest rectangle nestability and used felt from PTI.  I stamped the USA letters with PTI's Simple Alphabet stamp set.  I wanted to try this after I saw that Nicole Heady had stamped on her felt too.  I don't know why I didn't think of that too.  Then I stuck on a cute star sticker and bling.  The flag is attached to a little toothpick I colored blue with my Copic pen. 

Here's a close up of the stars I punched out from some DP.  I stuck on dome epoxy stickers over them to make them stand out a bit.  After I took the pictures I realized I didn't have any stripes on this card.  Hmmm, do the 2 red stripes on the bottom of her dress count?  Oh, oh, now I remember ... the stars on the right DP are arranged like stripes.  I think that is what I was thinking.  Oh well, that is my first entry for A Crafty Little Place.  Must go link it now. 

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Cute card! I like the little bunny and flag!
Sheri Gilson said…
Awww...this is super adorable!! I just love what you did with Emma!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT
Cara said…
Oh, that Emma is darling! What a cute card! Thanks for sharing with ACLP!!
Cara ACLP DT
Amber said…
Oh what a great card! Love how you made Emma patriotic!!!! So creative and darling!
ACLP Hugs
Amber
~*Joni said…
Heehee! This is just what I needed to smile this week! Thank you so much for this Emma card, I love the patriotism and colors, very Americana in the sweetest way. Love your story too by the way. ;) Thank you so much for joining us this week with our sketch challenge at ACLP!
~*Joni ACLP DT

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet