Skip to main content

Happy 39!

Quick and simple birthday card. Just trying to get it out in the mail on time. And I wanted to use my new PTI stamp set. Initially I was going to make a little kid birthday card, but then I thought maybe I should color some cute image. I think the Big Birthday Wishes works well for adult birthdays. Who of course like to be reminded of how old they are! :-) Did I pick a rude sentiment? I wouldn't actually send it to a friend, it's going to my brother. I had to think twice about the age, I initially die cut the wrong numbers, geez, how the years fly by as we get older...

Everything is PTI, cardstock and polka dotted paper. The numbers and label are Sizzlit dies. And I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I attached the eyelets with my crop-a-dile, and they turned out kind of smooshed. I think the crop-a-dile works better on larger eyelets and the gromlets, or else I don't really know how to use it for the small eyelets. Anyhow, that's OK, I don't think my brother will notice.
Well, I better go to sleep early tonight, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, but I've been sneezing a lot with an itchy nose this past week so maybe it's my allergies too, I don't know.

Comments

eva said…
for a minute i thought that bday card was for me, hahaha, then i realized, hey i'm not 39 yet. so old can't remember how old i am anymore. what a sweet sister you are to make a card for your brother especially knowing how your brother is. love those diecuts!
Cheryl said…
I wish I was that far ahead with birthday card making. I know, I don't typically send anything, actually pretty much never, but I wanted to see how the number dies I already had worked with the stamp set.

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...