Skip to main content

Saturday Sketch Thank You Card

Happy New Year! Although I feel like I'm still recovering from Christmas. I find these sketches at Club Anya pretty helpful, now that I need to start on some thank you cards for my son's birthday. Unfortunately I never got around to making his birthday card :( We also didn't do a big birthday party this year. I think 2 years of Pump It Up, this bounce house type place, has been more than enough. I'm so bad with party planning too. But it's difficult with his birthday falling during Christmas break, like I don't want to do it too early in December, but then if we wait until January, it will overlap with my daughter's birthday. Pretty soon his birthday and Christmas present will be combined...Well, on to the card. It's a rather brown card. Maybe I should have used brown cardstock instead of kraft now that I see a photo of it...seems like I always say that too.
Anyhow, I finally used Happy Day Oliver, colored with Prismacolor pencils. I cut off the other 2 dinosaurs that were standing next to Oliver. It was a bit painful to cut around him, not sure I want to do that again. An X-acto knife was kind of handy in some spots though. I picked this Oliver to match the digital dinosaur paper from Mindy Terasawa's Stomp Kit that I just printed onto white WalMart cardstock. The Thank You is from PTI. I inked the edges of everything with distress ink. I actually got the foam applicator and everything, but I have to practice more. I thought the laser printer ink might not hold the ink well, but it did OK. Then I cut the sentiment out with an oval nestability and tied it on with brown baker's twine.
I did my watermarked photo this time with my new Lightroom, oops, I meant my son's Lightroom. Did you know there are student editions of Adobe software and as long as your kid is registered as a full time student, starting from kindergarten, you can qualify? Does that seem totally unbelievable that my kindergartener needs Lightroom? But hey, it's expensive raising kids, if he can get a discount for the next 15 or so years, why not? I had to buy a Lightroom book/manual though and it took a while to get through it. And after reading the book, I'm thinking gee, do I even need Lightroom since I'm not even a professional photographer. But I think it does look a little better on my screen after tweaking it with Lightroom. Hopefully it's not going to be too painful to try to edit and print photos out more often.

Comments

eva said…
i like this card. it's really cute & boyish. his hair looks good too!
donna mikasa said…
You followed the sketch perfectly! Love the ink distressing--a cute, boyish card!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...