Skip to main content

Heart Journaling with TGF

Hi!  I signed up for TGF's heart journaling class.  We were to get a journal and decorate the cover too.  So while we were shopping at Target one day, I found this really inexpensive marker/paint pad for kids.  It was pretty large so I ended up cutting the pages in half and making 2 journals, one for me and the other for my daughter who wants to play along as well.  Our journal covers were on TGF's blog today and my daughter was excited about that!

My daughter's Hello Kitty art journal which I bound with my Cinch.  She used tear-shaped ink pads to make the hearts after she saw that I had made flowers with them too.

My journal featuring TGF's Blush Bonnie.  I chose these colors after I saw the papers from Echo Park's Be Mine set. 

I used the ink pad to make flowers, reminds me of plumerias.  I also used TGF's Splotchy and the hearts, and PTI's Butterfly Dreams.  I made this journal first and I liked the colors a lot so that inspired me to make my ATCs. 

A close up of Bonnie.  I rubbed some shimmery chalk over some areas too.

Spritz some glitter on there too.

I also wanted to share my youngest one's art work.  He loves to craft so much.  This is his house.  I was impressed with his polka dot door and his triangle roof.  He also made a card and tag set which I'll share later. 

Our first assignment for the art journal is to use the concept of wings.  Not quite sure what I'll be doing yet.  Although pretty much anything goes when it comes to art journaling. 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Pretty journals! Looking forward to seeing your projects!!! So great that your daughter is participating, love her hello kitty! The hearts are sooo cute too! Lovely house! You can start your own family craft business!
Amy said…
Your journal covers are beautiful! Your daughter is very clever, love how she made hearts after seeing your flowers! It's so cool that your son is crafty too, love the house! I think hello kitty and the Christmas tree are great accents!
Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...