Skip to main content

Sister Stamps Release #19 -- Mochi Pounding

*******************************************************************************

Hello again!  Welcome to the last day of previews for Sister Stamps Release #19.  All of these cute stamps will be available November 1st.  We're continuing with the mochi theme.  The last image is called Mochi Pounding.  We celebrate New Year's by making mochi with my hubby's family.  They don't pound out the mochi but use the steamer and some modern mochi cooker I guess.  I don't know because I'm not involved with that phase of the mochi making.  Mostly the guys do that.  And the mochi is super hot when it comes out.  The ladies all wait patiently to roll and form the mochi into nice little mounds.  We have a list of how many to make.  We put one in our house and in each of our cars!  I don't know if you put them in your cars as well.  So the ones for the cars are smaller and pretty cute!  We put little tangerines on top too.  Then of course we eat some too!  It's pretty fun to watch the kids make mochi.  It's the only time they can play around with their food!

Anyway, today I'm continuing with calendars.  I wanted to make two but I didn't have enough gold paper!  So I made one.  

I added all of the images onto this wall calendar.  One of my blogging friends used to make these large calendar templates and so I wanted to do something like that.  I found the calendar online HERE.  There on tons of free calendar templates online so I'm sure you'll find something you like.  I reduced the size so I could print out 2 of these calendars onto one sheet.  I matted the washi paper onto gold and then onto black cardstock.  I added a light gold ribbon onto the back instead of poking holes through the calendar.  And I finally found a use of these black photo corners.

Here is a close up of the top scene.  The year was done in gold paper too and I used CC Cutters numbers die.

Here is a close up of the mochi pounders.  They look so happy doing such hard work.

And here are Hideo and Mieko making yet another appearance!  They look like they are playing sword fight with their mochi sticks.  As usual the kids play around while the adults do all the hard work! 

My hubby has already called dibs on this calendar so I guess it won't be going to a teacher.  His company has rules about giving gifts to the higher ups so instead of giving gifts to his boss, we give my hubby's boss' wife the gifts.  Kind of a way to thank the boss without really giving him anything and breaking the rules.

Please check out the rest of the DT and their creations!

Cyndi (Guest DT)
Jenny (Sister Stamps)
Debi
Linda
Linda's You Tube Channel

Thanks so much for checking out this release of Sister Stamps!  Sister Stamps will be back next year with new images!


Comments

This is one of my fave's yet.... Lovely idea having them on one calendar. This will be perfect and I'm sure looks pretty hanging in your craft wall.
Lynn said…
I really like this calendar format. Much easier to plan ahead and put up on the wall or fridge. You did a fab job of decorating it. Love the coloring and placement of the images. I am so inspired to make one too. I'm going to get the SS set this weekend for sure. Thanks for sharing a beautiful idea.
Denice said…
I'm a huge fan of calendars....any way, shape, or size...and then you put these adorable new images on it. All I can say is "ohhhhh, so cute!" Love your project!
Cheryl said…
Cute calendar! Lovely papers and coloring. Yum, mochi. We haven't made that for long time. I've only made microwave kind recently
Hoooo, that's one awesome calendar! You have such great imagination and creativity.

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet