Skip to main content

A Million Halloween Bookmarks

At least that is how many it felt like I was making.  I must've cranked that PTI bookmark die through my Big Shot at least 100 times.

Bookmarks for my son's kindergarten class.  At first I was not thinking and I was using my circle nestabilities to cut out the circle one at a time.  Hello!  I do have a circle punch too.  So I used that and it's so much faster for something like this.  The bookmark is made from PTI cardstock on the bottom and then their Halloween paper on top.  I stamped some images using PTI's Tiny Treats Halloween set.  (I love these stamps.  And I can't wait for Tiny Treats Christmas).  The neat thing about the acrylic stamps is that I could bend some of the longer sentiments to be rounded so that it would fit on the circles.  Saw that on PTI so had to give it a try.  My son colored them and he glued everything together.  He helped with the ribbon and I tied on the beads.

My daughter's set of bookmarks.  She did all of the coloring and gluing and the ribbon and beads too.  I helped her with some ribbon tying.

So my 2 year old has to get involved too.

My son also colored in these stamps from TGF's Spooktacular set and cut them out.  He glued them on to the tags that I die cut from Spellbinders tag set.  I was able to cut the tags faster since they are just construction paper so I cut about 4 or 5 at a time.  The "to" and "from" is from TGF's Signature set.

These are the assembled goody bags for his kindergarten class filled with some snacks, Halloween rings, erasers, stickers, pencils and bookmarks.  No goody bags for my daughter's class.  I figure they have outgrown them by now.

That's what we did on some of the days of their one week long fall break.  I love that my kids like to sit around and create things too.  And I'm so happy to have the Halloween treats all done and ready to go early cause before you know it'll be Christmas!  Time flies!

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Comments

Unknown said…
Super cute! Thanks for sharing. Big hugs :)
Cheryl said…
Whew! You all worked so hard! Nice coloring by everyone! You're so generous to make goody bags for the class!
donna mikasa said…
What a great idea to encourage reading! Love that your kids got involved, too!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...