Skip to main content

Mini Albums & Goody Bags

Ever since I found Sunghee's blog Creativity In Progress, I wanted to create a mini album but didn't really know for what occasion.  Originally, I wanted to create a 5x7 photo collage of each child in my son's preschool class and put it in a frame as a graduation gift but then I thought why not make a little photo memory book instead?  So, I made 19 little 3x3 books!  Being a SAHM I'm so lucky to be able to go to a lot of the class activities and field trips even if I have to drag my toddler with me.  So most of the time I am carrying my youngest and trying to take photos of all the kids in my son's preschool class. 

I thought about how to put the photos in the books.  If I had a really great printer I could've printed the photos directly onto the cardstock and then just assemble the books but my printer sucks.  So I made 8x10 photo collages (each individual picture was 2x2 or less) on Photoshop and thought I could print them out at Sam's Club or Costco but thought I could save some money by using my father's printer.  His is newer.  But half way through printing, it ran out of ink!  So I had to buy some ink and didn't save as much money as I thought.  Anyway, I printed out all these little pictures and then had to cut them all out. 

Here's a close up.  I used the corner chomper and rounded all the corners of the pages and photos too.  Don't ask how many corners that was.  It was a lot!  But I like the look of it.

Here's another sample.  I stuck on some glittered chipboard letters (child's initial) from Doodlebug that I've had for almost 5 years!  The covers are all from DCWV grade school pad.  I ordered a couple of sets of these when they were on sale and they've come in handy for all these school projects.

Here's a sample of one of the pages inside.  I printed out little captions on return address labels to stick in the books and under the photos.  I also printed out a page for the teachers' names, school year and all the students' names.  I decorated some of the pages with little stickers too.  I wrapped each book in cellophane cause I didn't want the glitter to get everywhere.



I put some snacks, tattoos and a little note and tied it all up with the TGF name tags (See post HERE).  It's a good thing I found these clear bags at Walmart to throw all this in.  Otherwise I'd still be wrapping everything with cellophane! 

Finally done with these little goody bags.

If you'd like to make mini albums too, check out Sunghee's blog.  She has new templates out which are just adorable!  I already have a couple of ideas to make with those templates.  And they are on sale for a limited time only!  It's a deal.  See her store HERE for the templates.

I'm still finishing up some teacher gifts too.  Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Sooo cute! Wow, you sure put in a lot of work for the goody bags! I'd vote for you as class parent of the year!
Heidi said…
Those are so cute!! I wish there were a parent like you in my class back in elementary school. Hahah :)
Sunghee said…
holy cow~~~ When did you have time to make all these!!! wow wow wow!!! I wish I have your talent!
THANK YOU so much for all the links!

Popular posts from this blog

TGF 3rd Annual Customer Blog Hop

Hi!  After finishing up these 2 projects for TGF's Blog Hop , I've come to realize that I am kind of addicted to stamps, especially TGF stamps.  Hehe.  Okay, I will not babble on too much since there are lots of other blogs to check out as well.  I made something for both categories, Holiday and General. First up is my Holiday card. I recently acquired Hippie Anya!  She inspired me to make a "peace" card for the holidays. But then I had to add Fleur Anya for "love" ... and 80s Anya for "joy."  So great that these stamps could be turned into something Christmas-y. My General project has been swimming in my mind ever since I made that counting book a while back with TGF stamps as well.  I thought I could make an ABC book too.  But I didn't make this into a book.  More like flashcards, I suppose.  My youngest has a hard time recognizing lower case letters so I thought this would be fun for him.  All stamps are TGF.  I ...

My Mind's Eye and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!!

Hello!  Welcome to another Perfect Paper Crafting blog hop !  Today, the Perfect Paper Crafting Design Team will be featuring projects with My Mind's Eye products.  There is a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting online store available to one lucky person who comments on all the blogs along the hop.  My Mind's Eye is also giving away their Happy Haunting collection.  You have until Friday, November 1st at 12:00 AM PST to leave your comments.  Good Luck! It's a short hop list this time around! Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura My Mind's Eye Pam Jenny Eva (Me!) Roxie Recently, I saw these layering tags dies and thought I really wanted those.  I love the look of layered tags so I used my Perfect Layers rulers to make some with My Mind's Eye Happy Haunting papers. I have a tag die from Papertrey Ink so I used that as my smaller tag.  I glued that tag onto kraft cardstock and used my ruler to cut a 1/8th inch border aro...

upcycling Pokemon wrappers

Hello everyone!  I am back with my latest sewing creations.  I have been playing around with plastic wrappers!  I've seen those upcycled plastic wrap bags and purses (usually made from Capri Sun package juice) but never really paid attention to them or how they were made until I saw this tutorial using the wrappers from Pokemon cards.  My boys love Pokemon cards and were just throwing the wrappers away but I started saving them and collected enough from their recent birthdays to make a couple of items.  Here is a little coin pouch (didn't want to call it a purse since it's for my youngest boy and he'd probably not like that).  This little pouch was made with 4 wrappers, 2 in front and 2 in back.  It is a bit tough to turn right side out because the wrappers and contact paper get stiff.  But it's possible and looks really neat!  I made it so he could hang it from the inside of his backpack and also carry around a little bit of emergency...